The Spiritual Assistance Training Program has started a new class in January, 2019, for an orientation session and day of reflection. Our three-year program is in-depth and we are very excited to have this approved by CNSA (Conference of National Spiritual Assistants) and to offer this course to you! Feel free to Review the prerequisites of program, discern if the Holy Spirit is calling you to the role of Spiritual Assistant, and then apply to enter the program in a couple of years. We need you!
Congratulations Divine Mercy Provincial Spiritual Assistant, Jerome Wolbert, OFM, as newly placed member to the Conference of National Spiritual Assistants! (CNSA)
Congratulations to our Regional Spiritual Assistant Program trainee this year who has completed the course work, internship, and will be placed as a Spiritual Assistant.
- Beth Price, OFS, from Our Mother of Sorrows Fraternity in Grand Rapids.
Previous program trainees, since the 2012 initial program in our Region, who have completed course work, have completed their one year of internship, and are placed as a Spiritual Assistant, are:
- Ray Boisvenue, OFS, from Our Mother of Sorrows Fraternity, Grand Rapids, and is now serving in the Divine Providence Fraternity in Kalamazoo.
- Margo Dean, OFS, from Our Mother of Sorrows Fraternity, Grand Rapids, and is now serving in the Saint Isidore Fraternity, Grand Rapids.
- Mary Bittner, OFS, from Saint Joseph Fraternity, Ann Arbor and is serving in Our Lady of Mount Carmel Fraternity, Allen Park.
CONGRATULATIONS! To our newest “graduates” of the Spiritual Assistant Training Program course:
- Mary Angeles, OFS, Solanus Casey Fraternity, Roseville
- Mike & Kathleen Carsten, OFS, Troubadours of Saint Clare Fraternity, St. Clare Shores. Mike & Kathy will Intern together for one-two years at Our Lady Queen of Angels Fraternity in Detroit.
- Marianne Danks, OFS, Saint Joseph Fraternity, Ann Arbor
- Marilyn Winn, OFS, Lumen Christi Fraternity, Wyandotte. Marilyn will Intern for two years at Saint Anthony of Padua Fraternity in Dearborn Heights.